Wiki Nurse Practitioner addition

Keesluvrabby

Best answers
A small behavioral health practice is getting ready to add a nurse practitioner to their group and I am curious as to what codes would be more appropriate for her. She will be telehealth only. Would it be only E/M codes with 95 modifier? My thinking is only 99211 Let me know if this even makes sense!
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
A small behavioral health practice is getting ready to add a nurse practitioner to their group and I am curious as to what codes would be more appropriate for her. She will be telehealth only. Would it be only E/M codes with 95 modifier? My thinking is only 99211 Let me know if this even makes sense!
Thank you in advance.
The coding will depend on what services she will be performing - there's no way to say what codes are appropriate without knowing what services will be provided and/or documented.

99211 is generally not appropriate for a nurse practitioner's services, though. That is a code for E/M services ordered by a provider but performed by office staff where the patient does not see the provider face-to-face.