Wiki Now What...?

Best answers
Hello, I recently obtained my CPC. And I work for a 50 physician Internal Medicine group. And I feel as though, there is still a lot for me to learn. Can anyone recommend a book, or class that is specific to Internal Medicine? I would like to learn everything there is. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

experience

Congratulations on passing your CPT......you ask now what. I would recommend some of the E/M webinars that the AAPC offers. Internal medicine is a practice that predominately treats adults. You will not only need to clearly understand E/M guidelines but you will also need to understand common procedures that are done in the office. The usage of modifiers and when they are appropriate. Another place that I have found some GREAT information is the E/M University. Just google it and it's all free information. Medicare has some amazing tools that are very useful in researching coding guidelines for certain codes. I would also reach out to your local AAPC chapter and go to the meetings. This provides you with a coding network and that is priceless in our profession. Good Luck with your future as a coder!!!!