Wiki Newly certified coder searching for a medical coding position

Best answers
Hello,

I've been having a difficult time finding a job since I've been certified. I'm a very hard worker and a quick learner. Please give me the opportunity to prove it to you.

New coder

Keep your head up! All you have to do is keep putting your resume out there. I got hired at a hospital with only my CBCS (Certified Billing and Coding Specialities) last Feb and I didn't get my CPC till June. I didn't have experience in coding expect from school, which I only graduated in Sept of 2014.

So you will find the right place to hire you. Just keep applying to places and putting your resume out there. If I were you, you should look into consulting firms, recruiters, or temp agencies. Any of those are always looking to place people.

Hope this gives you some light at the end of the tunnel.

yes definitely keep your head up Ive only been certified since January and I start my second coding opportunity soon, I used the list of job postings on here and ive not gone 2 weeks without getting some sort of contact from possible opportunities since I just started applying places that appealed to me and getting that much needed experience