Wiki New to specialty~please help me!!!

Was this a good question?

• Total voters

PRINCESSMHH

Best answers
Please advice me on how to code the following:

Patient had the following procedure: Modified partial right foot amputation, essentially taking the first and second ray of the right foot.

Description of Procedure: Limb was elevated, MD did a modified fishmouth type of incision starting at the medial border taking the remnants of the first toe, the second toe, and right up to the thrid toe. This was taken down deeply, went above the inlammatory zone on the first metarsal, and was able to remove and then made a sawcut of the first metarsal. There was some obious osteomyelitic changes of the second metatarsal but ultimately went above these areas in the second metatarsal. He was then able to remove the specimen. There was some other areas and pockets of necrotic tissue ,whcih were sharply debrided, but for the most par, it looked like it has gotten around the zone of the most infection and inflammation. At this point, the tourniquest was let down, The wound was well irrigated out . And sutures were closed in a sided to side fashion with a #1 nylon suture in a mattress type fashion, closed it with staples along the skin line.

I am like a fish out of water~desperate and gasping for air!

:confused: