Robbin109

Expert
Best answers
It the MD performs:

Resection of distal Clavicle: 92824
Subacromial space Decompression: 92926
and also
Debrides the Rotator cuff 92822

Can this debridement of the RC be codes as well?

Thanks!

It the MD performs:

Resection of distal Clavicle: 92824
Subacromial space Decompression: 92926
and also
Debrides the Rotator cuff 92822

Thanks!

Are these numbers above supposed to be the CPT codes? I don't have my 2014 book with me, but they aren't in the 2013 book...I would think the codes for these types of procedures would be in the "20000" series...just a thought ?? :confused:

Yes, sorry...My brain is stuck in the Medicine Section. What about the debridement?

It the MD performs:

Resection of distal Clavicle: 29824
Subacromial space Decompression: 29826
and also
Debrides the Rotator cuff 29822

Thanks!

Yes, sorry...My brain is stuck in the Medicine Section. What about the debridement?

It the MD performs:

Resection of distal Clavicle: 29824
Subacromial space Decompression: 29826
and also
Debrides the Rotator cuff 29822

Thanks!

Per CCI Edits, 29822 is included in 29824, but with modifier allowance of 1. So if documentation supports modifier 59, these 2 codes may be used together. 29822 is included in 29826 also, but with modifier allowance of 9, so no issues there.

The 29822 would not be reportable if performed on the same shoulder per MCR guidelines and any carrier that mimicks those rules.

CMS NCCI Coding Manual Chapter 4, page 16

CMS considers the shoulder joint to be a single anatomic structure. An NCCI procedure to procedure edit code pair consisting of two codes describing two shoulder joint procedures should never be bypassed with an NCCI-associated modifier when performed on the ipsilateral shoulder joint. This type of edit may be bypassed only if the two procedures are performed on contralateral joints.

Last edited: