Wiki New student...looking for E/M information

melkats74

Best answers
I am still a student receiving my MBC education and certification. I joined yesterday as a student and saw the E/M program scheduled later this week. Can you let me know if there will be additional classes on this? Thanks in advance.

Continuining Education

You can always click on the "CONTINUING EDUCATION" link in the blue bar at the top of the AAPC website to search for webinars, workshops, conferences, etc.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

thanks for the information...it seems most of those education opportunities are Austin or Houston...so I will hope for some more in San Antonio. :)

Our local medicare carrier has free E/M webinars quite regularly - both basic and advanced. If you go to www.highmarkmedicareservices.com, click on the Part B option, then choose the Evaluation and Management Option on the left on the next page to the right choose the Webinar Option, you will see a list of up coming Webinars that you can register for. These webinars are very informative and will give you the basics - geared towards the 95 guidelines. You may also want to check your local MAC to see if they have Webinars or to verify if they follow the same guidelines. Also, if you go to www.emuniversity.com there is a Free Basic E/M Webinar that you can review. This site also offers alot of information on E/M, but it tends to lean towards the 97 guidelines for documentation.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks,