Wiki New Radiology Coder

paige4545

New
Best answers
I am a new certified coder and am now new to Radiology coding as well. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or advice on anything helpful. I am doing Dx and Cpt and e/m.....pretty sure I have e/m documentation down but anything else would be helpful.

Thank you

Get plenty of reference books:) And learn to love Google.
I don't code strictly radiology but I work for vascular, thoracic, and general surgeons and we do a good deal of work that requires Interventional Radiology coding....So I know how you feel.
I love my CIRCC study guide as a reference and you can also check and see if Ingenix has a Radiology Coding Companion. I love my Cardiology/Cardiothoracic/Vascular Surgery Coding Companion it helps breakdown the procedures so I can compare the OP notes to them in order to pick the most accurate code for what our docs did.
Whenever I get really stuck I Google what they said they did (such as "coding suture repair of pseudoaneurysm of the right common femoral vein"....but I don't put the quotation marks on it) and then use the resukts that come back as a jumping off point:)

I am a new certified coder and am now new to Radiology coding as well. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or advice on anything helpful. I am doing Dx and Cpt and e/m.....pretty sure I have e/m documentation down but anything else would be helpful.

Thank you

Medlearn and Z-Health Publishing has some great books too!

Hope that helps,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC, R.T. (CV):)