Wiki new patient?

julia9723

Best answers
We have added a new OB doctor to our group. She is bringing some of her established pregnant patients with her. According to the AMA definition of a "new patient" . A new patient is one who has not received any professional services from the physician or another physician of the specialty who belongs to the same group practice within the past three years. What is throwing me is the "group practice". Does the fact that she has a new tax ID make any diffference? Are her established patients now "new" in our group? I need proof in writing they are still established.
Thanks

Last edited:
We have added a new OB doctor to our group. She is bringing some of her established pregnant patients with her. According to the AMA definition of a "new patient" . A new patient is one who has not received any professional services from the physician or another physician of the specialty who belongs to the same group practice within the past three years. What is throwing me is the "group practice". Does the fact that she has a new tax ID make any diffference? Are her established patients now "new" in our group? I need proof in writing they are still established.
Thanks

tax ID has nothing to do with ''new'' and "established" status. If all other docs in your practice have the same specialty then all those patients would be established.