Wiki New modifiers for 2015 and infusions

Best answers
I work in a hospital setting and we are concerned about the correct use of the NEW 2015 MODIFIERS, XE, XP, XS, AND XU. We are mostly concerned about which modifier to use to replace modifier 59 for our outpatient infusion coding for observations and ER accounts. Does anyone have any guidance or suggestions? Thanks!

I work in a hospital setting and we are concerned about the correct use of the NEW 2015 MODIFIERS, XE, XP, XS, AND XU. We are mostly concerned about which modifier to use to replace modifier 59 for our outpatient infusion coding for observations and ER accounts. Does anyone have any guidance or suggestions? Thanks!

Not sure who your MAC is, but Novitas just put a bulletin with better examples than I've seen anywhere else. I just briefly read through it...don't remember seeing anything specifically for infusions, but they have examples for time-based services that may help give some guidance to what is appropriate for your cases. If you have a different MAC, they may have something similar by now.

http://www.novitas-solutions.com/we...-state=xab4121y7_4&_afrLoop=1086444343163000#!

HTH!