Wiki New member

barb.boek@gmaial.com

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,
I'm a new member who just passed my exam taken on 9-14-11. I'm now looking forward to being more involved w/AAPC.
I see on the website there is an AAPC meeting and ICD-10 class on 10-8-11. How do I register for this class.
Barb
NW Indiana

Hi Barb and CONGRATS on passing your exam!! Welcome to the Forums! This is a great way to network as well as learn.

As to your meeting and class, click on home at the top of your page. It will take you to your member page, click on the hyperlink to your selected chapter (located behind your Member number and name). You should be looking a page with your local chapter events. There should be hyperlinks to the chapter events. If you click on them, you should see the dates, directions, times, and all kinds of other information for your class and meeting.

If you are still having trouble, click on your chapter board tab (still on your chapter page). You will see all your Chapter officers. Contact any of them for help or more specifically your New Member Officer.

Good luck! and Congrats again!!

Hello

Congrats Barb on passing your exam. I just found out I passed my exam yesterday and am looking to start going to local chapter meetings to get more involved. I wish you well in your career growth and journey.

Larry Lucas, CPC-A

Congrats to you all, and I commend you on wanting to get more involved in your respective Local Chapters! It's great way to network, get low cost/free CEU's. You may even find a mentor within your Chapter officers as well!

A few words of advice that I've learned over the years.

1. Your local chapter is here for YOU.
2. Always ask questions.
3. When you attend your first meeting, stand up, introduce yourself, tell a little bit about
yourself.
4. If you don't have any at this point, make up some business cards to hand out to other
members, your chapter officers etc...
5. You never know if one of the members is a prospective employer, hiring manager etc.
6. GET INVOLVED AT ANY LEVEL, whether it's offering to help set up , tear down, hand out
materials that will be used at the meeting.

When I first started attending my local chapter meetings I always sat in the back of the room, didn't talk to anyone, just observed and wanted to be involved but was afraid, after my 1st year of attending meetings, I would sit closer to the front, introduce myself to my neighbor. I even started emailing our chapter offices to ask questions that I wanted to know the answers to for myself. It eventually made me decide to run for a chapter officer position.

Best of luck to you.