Wiki New Member to AAPC taking exam 9/11/10

pianokeys

Best answers
Anyone have any good study ideas to prepare me for the CPC exam. I ordered the practice exams. Did that help any of you when first signing up for the exam?

Hi im taking my exam in two days on the 14th I bought the practice tests and the prep books with the cd rom all have been helpful im praying I pass this will be my sencond try ive scored an over all 76 on the practice exam pre and post so im confident i can do this what is tricky to me is the surgery questions they throw in the icd 9 codes too as if getting the procedure isnt hard enough. Just practice practice and read the guidelines that is what I am doing :) and copying notes in the books that are helpful i got the super bill from where i work and copiied all the immunizations we give and the dx to help cut the time for searching and the em codes as well this time im determined not to run out of time good luck to you

Last edited:
The best thing I can say is know your books. If you can locate items in the books you should do great. I passed the CPC- H exam with a 90% and didn't really study that much- it came down to knowing how to look up codes and comparing them to get the right answer. There is some terminology also but it wasn't that bad.

Hi im taking my exam in two days on the 14th I bought the practice tests and the prep books with the cd rom all have been helpful im praying I pass this will be my sencond try ive scored an over all 76 on the practice exam pre and post so im confident i can do this what is tricky to me is the surgery questions they throw in the icd 9 codes too as if getting the procedure isnt hard enough. Just practice practice and read the guidelines that is what I am doing :) and copying notes in the books that are helpful i got the super bill from where i work and copiied all the immunizations we give and the dx to help cut the time for searching and the em codes as well this time im determined not to run out of time good luck to you

I actually liked that they put the diagnosis in the answer, it helped me narrow it down quickly. If it wasn't the correct diagnosis then that answer must be wrong. It helped me get through them quickly.