Wiki New H1N1, H3N2/ Flu combined vaccination

nikita0872

Best answers
Help!

Does anyone know how we are suppose to code the new Flu/H1N1/H3N2 3 in 1 combination vaccination ? We will be receiving in our clinic later this month.

Thanks,
Heather

The seasonal flu vaccines always contain three viruses. This year, H1N1 is one of the three; the others are H3N2 (another "A") and a "B" virus - the Brisbane 2008.
The codes would be the regular seasonal flu vaccine codes that you normally use - based on age, preservative free, etc. Remember that 90662 is for the enhanced immunogenicity via increased antigen content.

Again, the codes used would be based on what vaccine you receive/administer - your manufacturer/supplier would tell you if preservative free or not.

Use the admin code as usual, based on if Medicare or other insurance.

Although CMS updates their allowances for the ifluenza vaccines on September 1 each year, I have not received the MLN about it, nor can I find it on the website.

Hope this helps,

So no more H1N1 CPT codes? It would be just the regular Flu codes? Would the diagnosis still be V04.81?

I appreciate your help! Thank you so much!
Heather

Yes - if you'll notice, the CPT we used for H1N1 last year doesn't say H1N1, but pandemic formulation. That way, if we have another pandemic, we can use the code again.

The diagnosis code should be the same.