Wiki New CPC-A.

Best answers
New CPC-A. I am working in Practicode through AAPC and I am frustrated. Has anyone used Practicode? If so, does the form I am applying codes to look like 'real world' forms? I did all schooling online and do not know anyone personally who is a CPC. I have lots of questions and would like to talk with someone; I have put in for mentorship, but having difficulty finding someone to help. What type of job can I get as a new CPC-A? I see people talk about risk adjustment and billing. I am pretty lost. I also need assistance with E/M codes (I struggle with coding these).

New CPC-A. I am working in Practicode through AAPC and I am frustrated. Has anyone used Practicode? If so, does the form I am applying codes to look like 'real world' forms? I did all schooling online and do not know anyone personally who is a CPC. I have lots of questions and would like to talk with someone; I have put in for mentorship, but having difficulty finding someone to help. What type of job can I get as a new CPC-A? I see people talk about risk adjustment and billing. I am pretty lost. I also need assistance with E/M codes (I struggle with coding these).

There's a group of Practicode users on Facebook - search for "Practicoders." You should see the group and be able to request to join.

It will vary from job to job what the code entry looks like, depending on the EMR and billing system used by the employer. Practicode is a reasonable very general approximation for data entry, but it's not necessarily exactly what it would be like at every employer.

Hi Ansley,
Here are tips on getting a job with coding...
Try to find out who the coding manager at each hospital or medical center or urgent care or insurance company where you live at . Then send them an email or direct letter with your resume explaining ready to be hired, Etc. Sometimes it is slow depends on Human Resources Dept. or their current budget. Try to send a message to Linked In professionals too. Find out the closest AAPC meetings in your area then attend & network. Next if that does not work...try get billing job then work into coding department later. One more tip go the Human Resouces Dept where you like to work dressed properly with resume and online application in hand. I did that 2 times to get a medical coding job. Also if get interview send thank you card later. (y)
If you need help learning coding details and tidbits contact me I will help you.
Good Luck!
Lady T

There's a group of Practicode users on Facebook - search for "Practicoders." You should see the group and be able to request to join.

It will vary from job to job what the code entry looks like, depending on the EMR and billing system used by the employer. Practicode is a reasonable very general approximation for data entry, but it's not necessarily exactly what it would be like at every employer.
Thank you! I have requested to join Practicoders Facebook page.

Hi Ansley,
Here are tips on getting a job with coding...
Try to find out who the coding manager at each hospital or medical center or urgent care or insurance company where you live at . Then send them an email or direct letter with your resume explaining ready to be hired, Etc. Sometimes it is slow depends on Human Resources Dept. or their current budget. Try to send a message to Linked In professionals too. Find out the closest AAPC meetings in your area then attend & network. Next if that does not work...try get billing job then work into coding department later. One more tip go the Human Resouces Dept where you like to work dressed properly with resume and online application in hand. I did that 2 times to get a medical coding job. Also if get interview send thank you card later. (y)
If you need help learning coding details and tidbits contact me I will help you.
Good Luck!
Lady T
Thank you! I am sure I will be messaging you with a few coding questions/tidbits. I really do appreciate your help.

New CPC-A. I am working in Practicode through AAPC and I am frustrated. Has anyone used Practicode? If so, does the form I am applying codes to look like 'real world' forms? I did all schooling online and do not know anyone personally who is a CPC. I have lots of questions and would like to talk with someone; I have put in for mentorship, but having difficulty finding someone to help. What type of job can I get as a new CPC-A? I see people talk about risk adjustment and billing. I am pretty lost. I also need assistance with E/M codes (I struggle

Are you still looking for the job? If so please send me your resume to indu.prabhu10607@gmail.com. Thanks