Wiki New coder help

Best answers
Being new to dermatology, I really think that some diagnosis and treatments are not being billed but could be. Is there any specific website or book that can help me with common dermatology diagnosis and treatments that I can refer to, to see if coding is correct and certain treatments can be billed or not? Any comments or suggestions would help!! Thank you!!

The American Academy of Dermatology is a great resource. Their web site www.aad.org has a section on coding (under 'Practice Tools') with a lot of good information and if any of your providers subscribe to their publications, there is usually an article about coding in those each month.

Another resource, though you have to pay for most of the services, is Inga Ellzey Practice Group (www.iepg.com). They are sort of the experts in Dermatology billing and practice management and offer coding resources, education, materials, etc. They have an annual conference that's worth attending if you can - going just one time will teach you almost everything you need to know.