Wiki New certification

Larora73

New
Best answers
I currently have a CPC-A. I have been working in behavioral health for almost 2 years. As we only use very few CPTs in behavioral health I am afraid I am not using CPT book often and worried whether it will be a problem in finding a new job. I am thinking of another certification but not sure which one should I go for. I talked to some people and they suggested for CRC. Does anyone know is there a chance of getting a better pay job with two certifications?

I have heard that it doesn't matter how many certs you have when it comes to making more money. You should be able to level up and find other work with the knowledge you have already. You should search and apply to other positions and see what happens. I've heard ppl like CRC because only the ICD-10 book is needed but I feel it depends on what you are interested in learning next

Thanks for your reply. My company is good all team members and supervisor are very nice and cooperative the only reason is salary is low. So, I am thinking of finishing my 2 years at my current job and get my A removed from the certificate. I believe that will help too to find a job with better salary.

Thanks for your reply. My company is good all team members and supervisor are very nice and cooperative the only reason is salary is low. So, I am thinking of finishing my 2 years at my current job and get my A removed from the certificate. I believe that will help too to find a job with better salary.
good idea. Have you started searching yet out of curiosity? I look for jobs in my area, I have seen cardiovascular coding, foot and ankle, pediatrics, definitely see what's needed in your area!