Wiki New Carotid Codes 36222-36224

Best answers
Hi,

It has been a while since I did IVR codes. Since 2013 changed it all. I need help.

My radiologist did angiography of the right common carotid, right external carotid and right middle cerebral artery. I am puzzled as to how this scenario should be coded as per the new coding guidelines for carotid circulation.

Also, any link for better understanding of this will be of great help.

Thanks for your inputs.:)

36222 and 36223

Hi,

I think 36222 for external carotid distribution 36223 for internal carotid distribution, though I am new and detailed clarification will be appreciated if anybody can help.

Thanks,

Devender Rawat

Hi,

It has been a while since I did IVR codes. Since 2013 changed it all. I need help.

My radiologist did angiography of the right common carotid, right external carotid and right middle cerebral artery. I am puzzled as to how this scenario should be coded as per the new coding guidelines for carotid circulation.

Also, any link for better understanding of this will be of great help.

Thanks for your inputs.:)

To be accurate we must know where the end of the catheter was located when each and every injection of contrast was made. You could have 36224 and 36227, or 36223 and 36227, or just 36222 or even 36221 only. Can you provide a report?

:confused: