Wiki New Anticoagulation management Codes

10marty

Best answers
I am trying to understand the new code 93793. We do finger sticks in the office billing 85610 QW, can we bill 93793 along with the "lab" code?

We also manage our Coumadin patients based on faxed lab results. Can we bill this for all the patients we manage even though there is not a face to face encounter?

Based upon my interpretation, as the location of 'home' is mentioned in the CPT, no face-to-face is required. The only question I would have is who is faxing you the results. If another provider is doing the test, you would be unable to bill the 85610. I ran this through AAPC scrubber and payer scrubber and both scrubbed as a clean claim when charged together. Hope this helps.

Need some help please

I have read that you cannot bill 93793 on the same day as an E/M service. Is this right? My doctor is a hematologist/oncologist, he see pts on blood thinners.
Another question, when you read the definition of the 93793, it states pts taking Warfarin..is this code on for the pts on Warfarin or all blood thinners?
Thank you to anyone that can help.

I have read that you cannot bill 93793 on the same day as an E/M service. Is this right? My doctor is a hematologist/oncologist, he see pts on blood thinners.
Another question, when you read the definition of the 93793, it states pts taking Warfarin..is this code on for the pts on Warfarin or all blood thinners?
Thank you to anyone that can help.

Has anyone had any experience billing this code?