Wiki Nevada outpt coders/ EPF versus Detailed exam 95

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Hi Nevada coders,

I have a question that I can hope you can guide me. I am so frustrated with the Palmetto GBA J1 Part B E/M website, that there is no clarity when it comes to the 95 exam guidelines for EPF and Detailed.

I am curious if some of you go by either:

EPF: 2-4 or 2-7
Detailed: 5-7 or 2-7

I hope that someone can guide me with a more detailed answer, considering you are in Nevada and more familiar with the E/M guidelines according to Palmetto GBA J1 than I am. I audit physicians in Nevada and Arizona (Noridian)

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
Iam preparing for CEMC for that i brought study guide from AAPC in that it says..

The level of exam in the 1995 Documentation guidelines are as fallows:

PROBLEM FOCUSED : one body are and/or organ system exam.
EXPANDED PROBLEM FOCUSED : a limited 2 to 7 body area and /or organ systems.
DETAILED : an extented 2 to 7 body area and /or organ systems
COMPREHENSIVE : an eight system exam.

Please note that comprehensive is the only that does not allow body areas, only the organ systems.

This is what i learned and i dont know weather this will help you or not.

Iam preparing for CEMC for that i brought study guide from AAPC in that it says..

The level of exam in the 1995 Documentation guidelines are as fallows:

PROBLEM FOCUSED : one body are and/or organ system exam.
EXPANDED PROBLEM FOCUSED : a limited 2 to 7 body area and /or organ systems.
DETAILED : an extented 2 to 7 body area and /or organ systems
COMPREHENSIVE : an eight system exam.

Please note that comprehensive is the only that does not allow body areas, only the organ systems.

This is what i learned and i dont know weather this will help you or not.

Hi Naveen,

Thank you so much for responding, I appreciate your input. I guess that seems to be the universal response for the differences between a EPF and detailed exam. I hear at times 2-4 EPF and 5-7 DETAILED under 95'. I was hoping that someone who knows Palmetto GBA J1 for Nevada would have a solid answer to the guidelines... I wish you well on your test and I am sure you will pass with flying colors!

Does anyone else have any input to my question? :confused:

I hope this will give some information
http://www.palmettogba.com/palmetto/providers.nsf/DocsCat/Providers~Jurisdiction%201%20Part%20B~EM%20Help%20Center~EM%20Review%20Checklist%20and%20Score%20Sheet%20Tool~83WNA46684?open&navmenu=EM^Help^Center||||