Wiki Networking???

ASC CODER

True Blue
Best answers
Hello fellow coders.

Lately I have noticed that alot of questions have gone unanswered and I am very frustrated. I don't know what has happened to the networking chain that I have used to get some advise, opinions and to give help.. I have in the last couple of months posted some questions that have been either ignored or not answered. I rely alot on your expertise, expecially if I am stumped on a case. I try to give help as much as I can if I know the answer. Please share your opinions and knowledge so that we can all learn and continue to improve ourselves.

Thank you:)

I typically try to set aside a few moments each day to respond to a query. I'm not sure you've posted any questions that I've not been able to answer, but for anyone who has posted unsuccessfully, here's what I personally look for when I have some time to help out....

Is it a question for which I have some expertise? I know some of my own questions have gone unanswered, but a lot of my questions are regarding unusual situations that not everyone has common knowlege about. I won't answer any query unless I believe I can offer some assistance (and even then, sometimes I"m not always 100% sure and accurate, but I will say so). If I see a post about something for which I have no real understanding, I'm not going to try to fake my way through it! ;)

Does the subject line summarize what you are looking for? If I see the subject line says "coder needs help", I'm going to scroll on by. Give me a hint, please! :)

Are you posting in the right category? If you post a question about E&M under the Nashville Conference Thread, it's likely that not everyone is going to see it. Kind of falls under the coders' need to pay attention to details....:eek:

I do appreciate that there are new coders out there who need to ask questions that an experienced coder might already know, or that can be easily answered if the poster does a little bit of research...but there are many, many repeat questions posted on this board. More people need to learn to use the search feature, and particularly how to research their CMS contractor and payer guidelines. Perhaps this would be a great topic for an AAPC workshop.

Also, I'm very willing to respond to a PM, but it might take a day or two. Good luck with your continued questions.