Wiki Needing assistance

brogdonlawn

Best answers
I am starting work for a orthopaedic surgeon and I only have my apprentice certification. This will be my first job since I passed my test and I am looking for someone that would be a mentor for me. There is no one in this office to learn from and from what I understand there is several months that no claims have been filed and over a year that has claims that were rejected and no one has worked.

Thanks

I am starting work for a orthopaedic surgeon and I only have my apprentice certification. This will be my first job since I passed my test and I am looking for someone that would be a mentor for me. There is no one in this office to learn from and from what I understand there is several months that no claims have been filed and over a year that has claims that were rejected and no one has worked.

Thanks

Congratulations on passing your test & getting a job! I'm not sure if anyone wants the responsilbity of being a mentor...but when you have a question just post it on here and hopefully someone answers quickly for you! What a challenge you've got there with old claims that need to get out ASAP and even older ones that need to be worked. Most insurance carriers will accept your claims if there within 12 months...but some carriers have changed that to less. I'm in Washington St and we even have United Healthcare that deny for timely filing if they don't receive the claim within 90 days. That's an exception though...usually it's 12 months. Good luck & I'll watch for your posts!
Jenna

What an opportunity for you to possibly turn that around also!
If the AR has been ignored, just imagine what kind of revenue increases there will be for them when you get to work on it!
Use the AAPC coding forum often to search for your questions that might have already been answered by someone, but also ask as needed! I've found there are a lot of great coders out there willing to help or offer their experiences with certain coding issues.
Good luck & congrats!

I have worked for Ortho's for the last 11 years, both physician and hospital feel free to email me swatson@orhmi.com

Good Luck!