Wiki Need letter stating we are par with insurance

CarolLR

Networker
Best answers
I know this is a bit off topic for the coding forum but I am in a pinch. My practice officially switched today from one hospital association to another. It seems that when the old system terminated our insurance contracts, BCBS sent letters to all our BCBS patients telling them we are no longer participating with BCBS. The letter from BCBS, of course, did not mention that we are participating through the new hospital association.

Does anyone, by any chance, have a letter I could send to the patients explaining this and telling them they do not need to change doctors?

Anything that could get me started would be appreciate also.

I'm going to post this message on the general board as well, to catch all members input that I can get.

Thanks!

Carol Rosol, CPC
CarolLR@windstream.net

We just had a similar situation happen as well. We have not and do not plan to send out any letters. We got a list of all the patients they sent the letters to and called them in order to explain the situation.

We have asked the insurance to send a correction letter but so far they have not. From a provider standpoint I would not send anything to a patient stating they will be covered under the new arrangement, you can't speak for the carrier. Half the time the carrier doesn't seem to be able to speak accurately for the carrier.

I know that is not what you wanted to hear but that is the best advice I can give on how to handle this.

Good luck,

Laura, CPC, CEMC