Wiki Need help!!

TYSON1234

Guru
Best answers
Pt has an NST in Labor and Delivery and then comes to the office for her AFI- how should code this? The reason why I'm asking is because before I did the 76819 with pos of 11 and 59025 modifier 26 and pos 22 and insurances deny stating I should've billed the 76818. Technically, I don't think that's correct because they're done in two different places. Looking for some input- Thank you!!

Pt has an NST in Labor and Delivery and then comes to the office for her AFI- how should code this? The reason why I'm asking is because before I did the 76819 with pos of 11 and 59025 modifier 26 and pos 22 and insurances deny stating I should've billed the 76818. Technically, I don't think that's correct because they're done in two different places. Looking for some input- Thank you!!

That is correct, if they are done in two different locations you cannot bill the 76818. But if you are just doing an AFI in the office you should not be billing a 76819. The 76819 is for BPP not an AFI. An AFI would be billed with 76816. If what was really done was an BPP then you will probably have to submit some documentation showing that the two tests were done in different locations. Make sure there is a report on the NST in the patient record.