Wiki Need help

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
Looking at 49560, & 49568, but something tells me I am missing something -am I ?

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Incisional hernia.
OPERATION: Repair with VP Hernia System. Mesh prosthesis resection and incarceration of preperitoneal omental fat and intraabdominal fascia.
PROCEDURE IN DETAIL:
After appropriate informed consent was signed, the patient was taken to the operating room, was transferred to the operating table, and underwent general anesthesia with successful endotracheal intubation. The area was prepped and draped in normal fashion. The area above the umbilicus was anesthetized with 0.25% Marcaine with epinephrine. An incision was made to include the umbilicus. The area was cleaned off and dissected down to the fascia. Hernia sac was then opened. A piece of omental fat was removed with the hernia sac. There was around a 2 cm defect. Excellent hemostasis was noted to be obtained. The edges were cleaned up and below. There was nothing. A medium ventral hernia system was then placed in and laid flat with the disk in the correct side. The wings were brought up. It was then sewn with 0-Ethibond pop-off on the base to each side. The wings were then cut off. There was noted to be an excellent repair without any evidence of tension. It was noted to lay flat. The area was irrigated and then was brought together; deep layers with 3-0 Vicryl interrupted, and staples and 3-0 nylon on the skin. Sterile dressing was placed. The patient tolerated the procedure and was transferred to the recovery room in stable condition.

He states that it is incarcerated

now depending on what ins..... if you are contracted for implant

c1781 for the mesh:)