Wiki Need Help with POS 04 CPT Code

gsteidel

New
Best answers
Can anyone tell me what cpt code set to use with POS code 04 (homeless shelter) I'm not sure if it should be home cpt codes, office, ALF ect. Pallmetto was unable to help as well.
I found this on the website:

Special Considerations
Homeless Shelter (Code 04)
Note that for the purposes of receiving durable medical equipment (DME), a homeless shelter is considered the beneficiary's home. Because DME is payable in the beneficiary's home, the crosswalk for Homeless Shelter (code 04) to Office (code 11) that was mandated effective January 1, 2003, may need to be adjusted or local policy developed so that HCPCS codes for DME are covered when other conditions are met and the beneficiary is in a homeless shelter. If desired, local contractors are permitted to work with their medical directors to determine a new crosswalk such as from Homeless Shelter (code 04) to Home (code 12) or Custodial Care Facility (code 33) for DME provided in a homeless shelter setting. If a local contractor is currently paying claims correctly, however, it is not necessary to change the current crosswalk