Wiki Need help with an example...

btadlock1

Best answers
I'm trying to come up with some good examples of HPI elements that can describe amenorrhea, specifically. Duration, context, associated signs/symptoms, and modifying factors are easy, but I'm having a hrad time coming up with any of the others. It's hard to describe the characteristics and severity of a symptom, when its onset is marked by something not happening.

Can anybody think of an example of an HPI statement that describes the quality, timing or severity of amenorrhea? (Location's kind of a no-brainer - at least, I hope it is...)
Is it even possible to get these elements with this condition?

Thanks! ;)

Why do you need them?

HPI maxes out at 4 so where is the need to have the rest?

Not all conditions will have all possible elements of HPI, that is why they added the status of chronic conditions to HPI in 97.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

HPI maxes out at 4 so where is the need to have the rest?

Not all conditions will have all possible elements of HPI, that is why they added the status of chronic conditions to HPI in 97.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Oh I know - they had tried to meet those elements in their documentation, and I don't like to tell people that something's wrong without offering an example of how it would look if it's correct - it's more about getting them to understand the HPI elements and what they mean, so I'm trying to use familiar examples. ;)