Wiki Need help stat !!!

MsMaddy

Best answers
:cool:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Doctor wants to know if there a diagnosis code for femal pt's who don't want to have GYN exam done because they are virgin. My Doctor was question by the insurance carriers " WHY HE WAS NOT DOING GYN EXAM ON PT'S AGE GROUP BETWEEN 14 TO 25 " ? Is there a diagnosis code for pt's who deffer a gyn exam because they are virgin? PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

MsMaddy

V62.6 Refusal of treatment for reasons of religion or conscience

I don't know if this is what they want but it is as close as I could find.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

V62.6 Refusal of treatment for reasons of religion or conscience

I don't know if this is what they want but it is as close as I could find.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Hi Laura,

But this is not a treatment, it is an exam that their refusing. The word TREATMENT I'm not sure about.

THANKS AGAIN
MsMaddy

I kind of question that myself but under V62 heading it states that it includes:

"those circumstances or fear of them, affecting the person directly involved or others, mentioned as the reason, justified or not, for seeking or receiving medical advice or care"

I can't find anything related to refusal of exam specifically.

Good luck,

Laura, CPC, CEMC

I kind of question that myself but under V62 heading it states that it includes:

"those circumstances or fear of them, affecting the person directly involved or others, mentioned as the reason, justified or not, for seeking or receiving medical advice or care"

I can't find anything related to refusal of exam specifically.

Good luck,

Laura, CPC, CEMC

I will look into it more.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

MsMaddy :)