Wiki Need help on CPT 90461 !!

prem_ponnuru

Networker
Best answers
Hi all,

we have been billing DTaP vaccine as

Can we get the payement for additional components CPT 90461 x 2 now?

Please help me how to bill these two additional components of the vaccine DTaP.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Prem kumar B.Pharm;CPC,CCS

need to resubmit the claim 90461

Hi Thx for your reply.

Please tellme how to rebill them this vaccine was already billed and got the payment also,but here problem is we had billed as 90700 and 90460. We did not bill as 90700,90460 and 90461x2

Now we want to bill those previous claims for these 90461x2 CPTs.

Please guide me....

Prem

I would send a corrected claim to the Insurance company with a copy of the EOB and they should make an adjusted payment to you.

You would send a corrected claim to the insurance company. Attach a letter/form stating the correction along with the claim number, patient name, DOB subscribers name and Insurance ID and group number. On the corrected HCFA 1500 mark it corrected claim and put the claim number on it. You have to watch these claims because the insurance company may state it is a duplicate. If so call them and explain.

Cathy

I found out our pediatricians have not been billing the 90460 or 90461 when the child has been given immunizations. This is the documentation I have located in the patients' charts and I believe it is adequated to meet the counseling requirement:
"Procedure risk and benefits, indications, purpose, complications, alternative options, we discused with the patient;parent signed consent form.
If anyone has better documentation suggestions, I would love to hear them. I just want to have a second opinion before I tell the docs they are missing revenue.
thanks