Wiki Need diagnosis for gyn exam post hysterectomy

MsMaddy

Best answers
#1 Yesterday, 12:19 PM
MsMaddy
Guru Join Date: Apr 2007

Need diagnosis for gyn exam post hysterectomy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need a diag code for gyn EXAM WITH OUT PAP post hysterectomy. Please!! ALSO, ONE OF MY DOCTOR WANTS A " GYN DIAGNOSIS WITH OUT PAP " I CAN NOT FIND ONE FOR HIM AND I HAVE TOLD HIM ITS OK TO USE V72.31 FOR THAT, BUT HE DOES NOT LIKE IT AND HE WANT A DX CODE FOR " GYN " ONLY NO PAP INCLUDED AT ALL. SOMEBODY RESCUE ME!! THIS IS ONLY FOR DAY WHERE HE DOES NOT DO SMEAR ONLY PELVIC EXAM.

Thanks in advance
msmaddy:d

GYN exam post hysterectomy

I recommend that you take your ICD-9 manual to your provider. Show him where it directs that V72.31 is for either. Also show him the codes under V88.01; one of them should be added to his dx list also, this will help explain the GYN exam without a smear. You might want to point out V76.47 to him in case he does want to do a smear on someone that has had a hysterectomy.

Dx code with or without pap

I agree with the V72.31. The V76.47 is a vaginal pap smear and is different from cervical pap smear. I do not us the V88.1.

Hello,

I was wondering what codes you would use for a follow up pap smear after a hysterectomy for cancer. We are having a debate about v45.77 and v88.01.

Thanks,
Rebecca