Wiki Need Clarification about CPC Exam ASAP!

swmum

New
Best answers
I am due to take my CPC exam in WA State in September. I seem to be getting conflicting information regarding the time period you must wait before attempting to re-take the exam should you fail the first time. Some say 90 days, others say there is no waiting period, others say the waiting period is for the AHIMA not AAPC proctored exams, some say it varies by state, etc....I have googled and still cannot find a conclusive answer, so if you someone has an ABSOLUTE answer it would be greatly appreciated!

:)I believe the waiting period is for AHIMA. As far as I know there is no waiting period for retaking the CPC exam...Good Luck:)

clarification

I am due to take my CPC exam in WA State in September. I seem to be getting conflicting information regarding the time period you must wait before attempting to re-take the exam should you fail the first time. Some say 90 days, others say there is no waiting period, others say the waiting period is for the AHIMA not AAPC proctored exams, some say it varies by state, etc....I have googled and still cannot find a conclusive answer, so if you someone has an ABSOLUTE answer it would be greatly appreciated!

I took a test and rescheduled the same day as I took it because I just knew I didn't do well. AAPC Customer service should be able to answer your question ABSOLUTELY..

AAPC will say there is a 6 week waiting period.

This is how they determine that. Exam dates close approx 2 weeks prior to the exam. They have to have time to package the exams and prepare them for shipment to the people responsible for conducting the exam. They allow extra shipping time to avoid mishaps such as no exams on site on exam day.

Also once you take the exam they packaged and ship them back to AAPC to be graded. Again depending on shipping time and the amount of exams coming in from all over the USA could be about 10 days.

Then once you get the results and locate the next exam date which will be about 2-3 weeks away from the closing date there is your 6 weeks waiting time.

That is how I was taught to explain it.