Wiki Need a question answered

LOVE2CODE

Expert
Best answers
This is the scenerio----Pt was admitted on Monday, seen by admitting doc on Tues, Wednes, discharged on Thursday by admitting doc, re-admitted on Thursday evening by the same doc, seen by same doc on Friday...

???How to code the discharge and re-admit on Thursday....

Thanks for your help.....:)

Was she discharged and the readmitted for the same dx? In our practice we would not bill for the discharge, just the admit - since they are done on the same day.

I am curious what others would do in this situation...

Was she discharged and the readmitted for the same dx? In our practice we would not bill for the discharge, just the admit - since they are done on the same day.

I am curious what others would do in this situation...

Yes the patient was discharged and readmitted for the same dx and by the same doc....:)

Depends on the documentation.

The way my providers document this would most likely be a subsequent care day because the odds of them getting enough to support an admit are slim to none.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Depends on the documentation.

The way my providers document this would most likely be a subsequent care day because the odds of them getting enough to support an admit are slim to none.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Thanks Laura,
With researching this question for 2 days; the way we charged was a subsequent care day because of the documentation.:)