Wiki Need a little help

Best answers
We are getting denials for claims with heart cath/stent.

93458-26-59
92980 LD
It is Medicaid and they are saying we need to use multiple procedure modifier which im thinking is 51.

has any one else had the same thing? Not sure what to make of it. It is a diagnostic cath and payment will be reduced if 51 is used?

Well Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

We are getting denials for claims with heart cath/stent.

93458-26-59
92980 LD
It is Medicaid and they are saying we need to use multiple procedure modifier which im thinking is 51.

has any one else had the same thing? Not sure what to make of it. It is a diagnostic cath and payment will be reduced if 51 is used?

Well Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Theresa,
Modifier 51 is the multiple procedure modifier but I do not append to interventions. Where I am (Alabama) Medicaid does not want the coronary artery modifier on interventions. We file without LD, LC or RC and get paid.

That might be worth a try.

HTH :)

Theresa,
Modifier 51 is the multiple procedure modifier but I do not append to interventions. Where I am (Alabama) Medicaid does not want the coronary artery modifier on interventions. We file without LD, LC or RC and get paid.

That might be worth a try.

HTH :)

Danny,
ok. That is interesting. I could not figure out what in the world they wanted. I will give that a try.Thank you for the response.:) And yes it helped. lol