Wiki Need a job

Best answers
I have recently gotten certified and am finding it difficult to fine a job. I have no experience in the medical field and am afraid I just wasted alot of money on school. Most jobs I have interviewed for are billing jobs. What was the point of certifying for coding. Can someone please tell me where do I start. Was under the impression I would be able to work from home.

Sorry for the reality shock but that is one of the biggest scams out there. Here is the real deal

Most employers want experience, it is too much of a liablility.
To get experience Yes you probably will start in the billing realm. It is a full cycle billing, coding and reimbursement. Also my opinion it is good to know all the aspects of the cycle if you are in a coding position because they go hand and hand.
You will have a better chance getting your foot in the door with an internship or starting at the bottom.
Some people have a natural ability to do well in a business (that is how you usually work from home with your own business) other wise most employers want you to be with the company many years before you can work from home.

Some do get lucky out the door and land a really good job that is a good fit for the company and them. Most don't and have to work there way up.

I wish you all the luck I can tell you that I was one that started from the bottom up,I worked my way up and worked hard. It is not easy but it is rewarding!

Good Luck,

need a job

Iunderstand totally what you mean!!!!i have been looking for a job for 2yrs now with no luck...I getting really fustrated but i going to keep trying until something opens up or someone decides to take a chance. I have sat for the exam twice and passed both times, the reason why is because i did not want to lose what i learned so if you find anything let me know..I'm even hoping to work from home if that is an option.

Not sure where you ladies are from, or where you are looking but Providence Hospital in Centralia Washington is looking for a Certified coder for Oncology services, to include infusion therapy and diagnostic imaging! :)

I understand it can be frustrating to locate the 'perfect job' right off the bat. I recommend you find a local AAPC Chapter and meet other members. These folks are coders, office managers, supervisors, etc. and could potentially be your next boss!
Let the chapter officers know you are looking for a coding job, and may be interested in 'filling in' for part-time or full-time, or offer to help offices with over-flow coding as needed to start with.

Ask the local chapter if they have a 'Resume Night' for newly certified members or students ready to graduate, and introduce yourselves to other chapter members. If not, help them start one!

Best of luck ladies, and feel free to contact me. I will help you if I can!