Wiki need a friend in urology coding

adccouch

Networker
Best answers
Hi -

I need help!! I have a doctor who doesn't think he gets paid enough so he wants to bill for EVERYTHING (gloves, syringes, use of laser, etc..). I do not have a lot of urology coding experience but I do know from past coding experience that this is wishful thinking. I need someone I can ask questions (probably a lot) and get new ideas of how to explain things to him because he is not listening.

Thanks for listening:)
your new friend,
arica

Friend

Hi,

I do billing for a urologist and own my own billing company. He may not be getting paid enough if things are getting denied for whatever reason. Instead of assuming the solution is to bill for things that likely will not get paid, I would suggest looking at:

Denied claims
Patients have Medicare Advantage but office is billing Medicare in error
Patient statements not being sent,
etc. etc

Billing for gloves and syringes will only serve to infuriate him when he sees that he either will not get paid as it is incidental to the outpatient procedure or the reimbursement from commercial payers will likely not cover cost.

I also do medical consulting if you are interested.

Hunter Smith, CPC

It is really that he thinks he should get higher payments - even when everything is paid correctly. He also thinks procedures should not be bundled.

Thanks for you reply:)
arica