Wiki N.P. established visits?

If it is a Nurse Practitioner - yes they could evaluate established patients.

Nurse practitioners and physician assistants are referred to as Mid-level providers and they do evaluate established patients

Hope this helps you,

Thank You,

Purnima S, CPC

Nurse Practioner

Nurse Practitioner I guess? Yes, of course they can see established patients

Thank you for your reply. The nurse practioner sees established patients but we can't bill for those codes only the 99211 because doesn't need the presence of the physician. If I get fee ticket/superbill with the nurse's name then I can't bill that visit right?

Thanks,

If it is a Nurse Practitioner - yes they could evaluate established patients.

Nurse practitioners and physician assistants are referred to as Mid-level providers and they do evaluate established patients

Hope this helps you,

Thank You,

Purnima S, CPC

Thank you for your reply. The nurse practioner sees established patients but we can't bill for those codes only the 99211 because doesn't need the presence of the physician. If I get fee ticket/superbill with the nurse's name then I can't bill that visit right?

Thanks,

NP

Okay the first question is are you billing under the NP's number or the doctor's? If you are billing under the NP, you would need to look up her scope of practice for your state, but if allowed she can see patients with or without the physician in the office and she can bill any E&M or procedure that is allowed under her scope of practice. If you are billing under the doctors number and are billing to a payer that follows Medicare's "incident to" guidelines then you must follow those guidelines, no new patients, no preventative, physician must be in office suite etc. Go to CMS's website and google "incident to" and you will be given oodles of info on how to bill an NP correctly.