Wiki My CPC exam is in a couple days!

Emingoy114

Best answers
I'm kind of freaking out about it. Can anyone give me advice/tips? Also, what do most of the question have to do with? I bought the practice exam on the AAPC website and i've been going over that. Is this the same degree of difficulty as the real exam?
Thanks!

CPC exam preparation

So, you're taking the CPC in 2 days and you want to know what the questions "are to do with"?
It may be a bit late in the day to try and research what the questions are about.
In a nutshell they're about everything...the whole CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9...... really.
I really do despair when you guys post these questions. Passing a test starts with preparation (in advance is a good idea). I've seen people asking what the passing score is after they've taken the test.
What more can I say?

Obviously the exam is over all three books. I was wondering if most questions are CPT or what? I have been preparing, thank you.

CPC test

Hey Emingoy114 - I'm glad you asked your question. My question is similar to yours. I will be taking the CPC exam next week and have been working on the practice exams. I'm wondering if the exam questions are as lenghty as the questions in the practice test. Seems like the practice exam questions are very lenghty and I'm stressing about not having enough time to finish the exam. Good Luck to you with your exam!

Exam

I'm sure Wassock didn't mean to be that rude. The questions on the exam are similar to the practice exam. I found that if you just read the question and then look up the codes and find your answer by elimination it works easiest. Just don't waste time freaking out about a particular question. If you can't figure it out then move on to the next question and come back to it. Good luck.

Thanks! Yeah I use process of elemination. Do you ALWAYS cross out the answer that looks different from all of the other answers or should I still check it out just to be safe?

Practice exam is very close to the real test. You will see that 2 of the questions are wrong and the other 2 are close. Forget about the 2 wrong answers and concentrate on the 2 close answers. Think positively and get some rest. We are all pulling for each person to pass. Let us know how you do. Check the website next Thursday or Friday to see how you did. Good Luck! :)

No, you will not die. LOL. After the test is over, you will be so relieved. There is a little bit of everything so don't try to concentrate on one thing. It is all in the books. If you get hung up on a question, skip it and go to the next one. You can go back later. Don't try to cram tonight. Get your books and pencils together tonight. Most of all, get plenty of rest so you can be your best tomorrow. I went in thinking I would pass my test and I did. You can too.