Wiki Multiple office locations

Best answers
We are opening another office location in addition to where we currently operate out of and was curious how insurance billing with multiple locations works. Do we have to wait until we are contracted with insurance companies at the new location? TIA.

We are opening another office location in addition to where we currently operate out of and was curious how insurance billing with multiple locations works. Do we have to wait until we are contracted with insurance companies at the new location? TIA
Our practice is actually going through this process now. Our second location will open June 1st. I have reached out to all our payers. Some of them will accept a letter indicating information regarding the second location but want specific details. Novitas is our MAC and I had to add the location to our group first, wait for it to be processed and completed then add the location to the providers that will be practicing at the second location. I even had a payer request pictures of the additional location, inside & out!! I recommend starting the process as soon as you can. We will be billing under our primary location with the second location as the service site.

You need to inquire with each insurance company you are contracted with for their protocol. Most of them have Change Forms on the provider portal that can be completed and submitted. I also recommend starting the process sooner than later as this can cause rejections.

We are opening another office location in addition to where we currently operate out of and was curious how insurance billing with multiple locations works. Do we have to wait until we are contracted with insurance companies at the new location? TIA.
Yes, you have to add a new location as a secondary location with payers. For billing, you will use the new location address and NPI in box 32 and the billing address and NPI in box 33.