Wiki Multiple office locations NPI question

Best answers
Hi everyone! We just opened another office location and I recently added that location to all of our commercial insurance contracts. I was recently notified by Medicaid that we need a NPI number for the new location. I added that location under our main NPI number on NPPES(another number was then issued for the new location).
My question is I already added that location with main NPI number to all of the credentialing contracts for the new location; I DID NOT use the NPI I added under our main NPI number. Do I need to go back and update all of our contracts with the NPI number I did under our main NPI for the new location? Or will just adding the new office address with the main NPI number suffice?
Thanks SO much in advance; everyone here is so incredibly helpful!

Is the "new office" actually a separate business or just an out clinic for your main office? If it is just an out clinic you should have just added the different location as a service location using same TIN and group NPI. If it is a totally different new office. all your insurance contracts for that location should reflect the new NPI and TIN.

Is the "new office" actually a separate business or just an out clinic for your main office? If it is just an out clinic you should have just added the different location as a service location using same TIN and group NPI. If it is a totally different new office. all your insurance contracts for that location should reflect the new NPI and TIN.
Agreed. We have three offices in our practice (same services, just different locations in the city) and they're all under our main Tax ID/NPI.