Wiki MU audit

lcolburn

Best answers
Has anyone experienced an audit for MU on stage 1 or 2? I just received my first audit for MU2 on 2014. Payment pending per audit results.

Has anyone experienced an audit for MU on stage 1 or 2? I just received my first audit for MU2 on 2014. Payment pending per audit results.

We went through a MU audit for 1 of our 25 physicians that we attested for. It was based on Stage 1, participation year 2012. If I'm remembering correctly, we didn't receive the audit letter until late 2013/early 2014, but it was definitely after we received payment.

Do you have specific questions about it?

Yes, I have a few questions. I know in most cases they are looking for money back or in our case since it is before they pay us, holding our payment. Was it an easy process getting the documents to them and did they receive the information that you provided well? Were they difficult to work with? This is our first audit so I'm a little nervous. Thanks

Yes, I have a few questions. I know in most cases they are looking for money back or in our case since it is before they pay us, holding our payment. Was it an easy process getting the documents to them and did they receive the information that you provided well? Were they difficult to work with? This is our first audit so I'm a little nervous. Thanks

We didn't have any problems dealing with them; it was actually a very easy process. BUT we also had everything from the attestation process saved and organized in one folder (reports from our EMR on the measures that were percent-based, screenshots of certain screens showing system capabilities, etc), so that helped a lot. I do remember that we didn't have to send documentation for every single measure that we attested to; the letter we received outlined exactly which measures they wanted documentation of. And i believe to send it, we scanned everything into 1 PDF to email to them, but I could be remembering that wrong...it has been awhile!

That sounds easy enough. They did send a letter along with an email with what documentation they are wanting. The letter requests proof of each measure from 1-17 but I did print that information out and save it in a file along with screenshots in a folder with that attestation year. Thanks for all of your help!

That sounds easy enough. They did send a letter along with an email with what documentation they are wanting. The letter requests proof of each measure from 1-17 but I did print that information out and save it in a file along with screenshots in a folder with that attestation year. Thanks for all of your help!

You're welcome, and good luck!!