Wiki Mri billing

Best answers
I have a question we just opened up and MRI and was wondering if we bill everything as Bundled, we do the taking and the reading. We bill out as a group NPI, what NPI would be the rendering?? thanks

I have a question we just opened up and MRI and was wondering if we bill everything as Bundled, we do the taking and the reading. We bill out as a group NPI, what NPI would be the rendering?? thanks

You must have a radiologist who is reading and interpreting. You bill the rendering NPI for whichever provider does the report.

As to bundling, that would depend on which specific MRI procedures you are doing. You will need to get some specific information on Radiology coding and billing, I would suggest to visit that forum and get some information.

You must have a radiologist who is reading and interpreting. You bill the rendering NPI for whichever provider does the report.

As to bundling, that would depend on which specific MRI procedures you are doing. You will need to get some specific information on Radiology coding and billing, I would suggest to visit that forum and get some information.

We do have one on staff, and we are doing the billing for the MRI machine and the radiologist do we bill this with a modi? or just use the cpt we are doing?

We do have one on staff, and we are doing the billing for the MRI machine and the radiologist do we bill this with a modi? or just use the cpt we are doing?

You bill just the one code no modifier since you are providing the technical and professional components of the MRI.