Wiki Modifier 26.. To use or not.

daniel

True Blue
Best answers
Echocardiography, transesophageal, real-time with image documentation (2D) (with or without M-mode recording); image acquisition, interpretation and report only

I'm confused on this code, in Encoder this CPT 93314 show a professinal and technical component. But the description reads interpretation and report only.

If your physician is providing the service CPT 93314. Are you using modifier 26 on this.

I'm getting a denial from Medi-caid that you can't use modifier 26 on this code.

Thanks
Daniel,CPC

Echocardiography, transesophageal, real-time with image documentation (2D) (with or without M-mode recording); image acquisition, interpretation and report only

I'm confused on this code, in Encoder this CPT 93314 show a professinal and technical component. But the description reads interpretation and report only.

If your physician is providing the service CPT 93314. Are you using modifier 26 on this.

I'm getting a denial from Medi-caid that you can't use modifier 26 on this code.

Thanks
Daniel,CPC

Daniel,
go to this page and scroll down about half way. Read what it says about the 93314 not using modifier 26.

http://www.sccm.org/Publications/Cr...ebruary2010/Pages/DocumentationandCoding.aspx