Wiki modifier 25/57

anknight77

Networker
Best answers
I work for GI docs and we have an on-site surgery center for colonoscopies and EGD's, etc...If a patient comes in for office visit and they decide to do a procedure the next day, does the office visit need a 57? Thanks in advance!!

I work for GI docs and we have an on-site surgery center for colonoscopies and EGD's, etc...If a patient comes in for office visit and they decide to do a procedure the next day, does the office visit need a 57? Thanks in advance!!

Yes, it needs a 57, when the surgery is on a subsequent date. You'd use a 25 modifier if the surgery was on the same day, and was a minor surgery (0 or 10 day global) -

[Note: You can technically use a 57 when the decision and surgery are on the same day, too, but generally it's for procedures with 90 day globals. 25 is also (usually) acceptable under those circumstances] Hope that helps! ;)

Yes, it needs a 57, when the surgery is on a subsequent date. You'd use a 25 modifier if the surgery was on the same day, and was a minor surgery (0 or 10 day global) -

[Note: You can technically use a 57 when the decision and surgery are on the same day, too, but generally it's for procedures with 90 day globals. 25 is also (usually) acceptable under those circumstances] Hope that helps! ;)

Brandi,

Do colonoscopies and EGDs count as surgeries? Aren't they 0 (zero) day globals?

Thanks,