Wiki mod 59 with 11057

marthakng1

Best answers
I'm new to everything just finished school and was blessed to get a job with a podiatrist.
The Dr is old school and does his on coding. He codes 11057 ( paring or cutting of more than 4 lesions) he will code 11057 59 RT and 11057 59 LT. And they are systemic diabetics. The problem is one will always be denied as a duplicate claim. My question is should he be coding 11057 59 RT on the frist and 11057 LT on the second? Will someone please help?

No. It won't make a difference. You would post 11057 one time with both dx's. I have something I can fax you in the event your provider wants this in writing. Just let me know...

No. It won't make a difference. You would post 11057 one time with both dx's. I have something I can fax you in the event your provider wants this in writing. Just let me know...

yes, it will help a lot. He can be a little headstrong at times and it doesn't help that I do not have much on the job experience. But he is slowly starting to come around
Thank you again for your help. I'm very glade that we have a place to go where we can ask questions and get the right answers Our fax number is 931-388-4314