Wiki Microfracture Technique Assistance Please

caromissunc1

Best answers
My doc has done 2 separate procedures.
The first one was a shoulder scope for RTR in which he performed a microfracture technique to the humeral head.
The second procedure, done a couple of weeks later, was a Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty. He also performed a microfracture technique to the non-operative (lateral) femoral trochlea.
In the first case, I used a 29827 for the RTR as well as a 29999 (compared to a 29879) for the microfracture technique to the humeral head.
In the second procedure, I used a 27446 for the Uni, and a 27599 (compared to a 29879) for the microfracture technique used on the lateral femoral trochlea.
It is frustrating to use an unlisted code for these procedures, since insurance takes so long to pay because we have to send in the OP notes and all that jazz.
Is there another CPT code that can be used for microfracture technique no matter anatomically where it is performed?
HELP!

Microfracture

Hi,
I have a dr who did a microfracture treatment of a shoulder. I used 29823: debridement extensive, this includes abrasion arthroplasty.