Wiki menisectomy

LTibbetts

Best answers
I know that this question has been asked about a million times, but can someone just please humor me? I am having a brain cramp this morning and need some help. I have a med & lat menisectomy done, and also a chondroplasty in the patellar compartment. This is NOT a Medicare patient. It is a Cigna patient. Can I charge for it with a -59? The NCCI has a "9" which means non-applicable so I didn't think that you could. Am I right or is a payer issue?

I know that this question has been asked about a million times, but can someone just please humor me? I am having a brain cramp this morning and need some help. I have a med & lat menisectomy done, and also a chondroplasty in the patellar compartment. This is NOT a Medicare patient. It is a Cigna patient. Can I charge for it with a -59? The NCCI has a "9" which means non-applicable so I didn't think that you could. Am I right or is a payer issue?

I have found that more and more payers will only accept the G0289 for the chondroplasty regardless of modifiers. So I would use G0289 with dx of 717.7 and specify that it is done in the patellar compartment. At least we get paid something for this procedure when it is billed this way.