Wiki Medicare secondary

june616

Networker
Best answers
I just started working for an office with an extremely backlogged AR. I have an AARP claim from Oct. 2012 that hasn't paid because they state they never received the EOB from Medicare. If I can submit the claim by Jan. 31st, it will still fall under the 15 month window for AARP (per the phone rep). I've been trying contact Medicare to request a copy of the EOB (the Dr. office no longer has it on file :mad:) and this morning I was told that they would not send me a copy. I expected this but I'm not sure what step to take next. Do I need to adjust off the remaining balance at this point?

Thanks! Cleaning up this AR has been a beast so far.

I would look on the medicare website if you have on for your area. You can usually look up claims and they should have the info on there. If you can't find that does your PM system show an electronic form of the EOB as long as it has the info they need that would work.

Look on your Medicare web site. They should have a Request for Duplicate Remittance Advice form. Ours charges $5.00 and it can take up to 45 days to process the request.:)