Wiki Medicare facet & rfa payment logic

melert

Best answers
Does anyone know where I can find an explanation of Medicare's logic in payment amounts for 2010?

The allowable amounts for 2 &3 level Facets & Paravertebral RFA's are already 1/2 of the primary level payment amount for 2010. When paying, medicare is 1/2 that amount as well. I'm trying to figure out (understand) why they would cut an amount in half that has already been halved. I understand multiple procedure discounting but, the base price is ALREADY been discounted.:confused:

Does anyone know where I can find an explanation of Medicare's logic in payment amounts for 2010?

The allowable amounts for 2 &3 level Facets & Paravertebral RFA's are already 1/2 of the primary level payment amount for 2010. When paying, medicare is 1/2 that amount as well. I'm trying to figure out (understand) why they would cut an amount in half that has already been halved. I understand multiple procedure discounting but, the base price is ALREADY been discounted.:confused:

They are trying to get in line with OPPS, the payments for pain and GI will go down again next year due to this.

Thanks for your reply. I thought, this being transition year 3, that payments were supposed to go UP from now on & only year's 1& 2 were the down years.