Wiki Medicare Coding

lopezk89

Networker
Best answers
I am having trouble with weather its right that I take codes off that are not correct I have some of the codes I need but the rest I don't. Is it proper to take the other codes off or do I have to use the codes that I don't need. Please Help Thanks :confused:

Last edited:
I am having trouble with weather its right that I take codes off that are not correct I have some of the codes I need but the rest I don't. Is it proper to take the other codes off or do I have to use the codes that I don't need. Please Help Thanks :confused:

I am confused. Much more detail is needed in order give a correct answer. Please post the scrubbed note and what you coded/took off/don't need, etc and maybe we can answer correctly. Thanks.

I had coded 98941.at Diagnosis being 739.2, 739.3 and 724.2this is the code that I need to take off that they wont cover and they are denying for the codes and I wanted to take off the codes that are not in the LDC and Medicare CMS website list of codes to use .. As your aware there are only limited amount of codes yes this pertains to the back but I don't have a code that I can change it with none of there match it.

I had coded 98941.at Diagnosis being 739.2, 739.3 and 724.2this is the code that I need to take off that they wont cover and they are denying for the codes and I wanted to take off the codes that are not in the LDC and Medicare CMS website list of codes to use .. As your aware there are only limited amount of codes yes this pertains to the back but I don't have a code that I can change it with none of there match it.

As long as the 739.2 and 739.3 are listed under the LCD they will pay. Leaving the 724.2 on will not cause the claim not to pay, as you already have a dx on there to cover the CPT. I would leave the 724.2 on as that is what they doctor stated.