Wiki Medicare, billing HHA for office services

Coder2hear813

Networker
Best answers
We have a Medicare patient that had audiology services done in our office. Medicare paid for them and then took their money back, stating that the patient was covered under a home health plan. Do we now file our claims to the HHA(home health agreement) for reimbursement ? If yes, how do I figure out where to bill ? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hha

I work for a DME supply company as biller and I can assure you that there is not much to do once patient is in Home Health. We have had several items not covered due to receipt of items while in home health episode. Home Health is supposed to supply all items and regular suppliers (or physicians) may not be able to be reimbursed. Medicare beneficiaries have special coverage for them while on a home health episode and should not need services (other than doctor visits, etc.) What I do is actually call the home health directly and see what they provide the patient and what you can do to get reimbursed that way. Sometimes it works, sometimes not,,,Good luck, happy billing!
Michelle