Wiki medical decision making - Any tips on how to master

barbara45

Contributor
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Any tips on how to master medical decision making? That seems to be the main area that constantly trips me up. 99283 vs 99284 and 99284 vs 99285 :eek:

Thanks

Christine Bekker, CPC, CPC-I

That is a pretty wide open question, maybe a one on one meeting would be more helpful vs. trying to give tips in writing. The IMA also offers auditing training with Judy Bailey, if your providers are members of the IMA this is a great benefit to staff.

Do you have a specific question that needs clarification, maybe how to score a new problem vs. established problem or how to score type of data or any questions with the Risk table? I find it comes down to the risk and Dx/management options to get the overall MDM level.

Sincerely,
Christine:rolleyes:

Mdm clarification

I have the same struggle as Barbara. I was wondering if the webinar for 9-22-10 on auditing is going to deal strictly w/ E/M or other services also? I agree the tricky part is DX/Risk vs Management options (test/services ordered & or referring the pt to).

Vonda P

Christine, CPC, CPC-I

I am very hopeful the webinar for next week will address these questions, there was a webinar earlier this year that did and it was pretty good and very acurate in my opinion. They didn't say anything that was extremely questionable, I am hopeing this upcoming one is as informative.

Christine:confused: