Wiki Medical Coding and Billing Position Extern or Volunteer - Entry Level CPC-A

Best answers
April 11, 2011

Garry Fenton
66 Wheeler Circle Apt. # 94
Stoughton, MA 02072

Dear Prospective Employer:

I am really interested in your vacant Medical Coding position. As a recent graduate, I earned a Certificate Degree in Medical Coding and an Associate Degree in Medical Information Management from Bunker Hill Community College in June 2, 2007 with a GPA point average of 3.7/4.0. I completed 40 hours internship at the Navy Yard, Mass General Hospital, where I coded for inpatients, outpatients, burn patients, cancer patients and respiratory patients. I am familiar with ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS. As a certified Medical coder, I am actually holding a CPC-A Medical Coding and Billing License. And as such I am searching a Medical Coding and Billing position, I would like to bring great contribution to your department serving either as a regular employee or working as an assistant Medical Coder (volunteer) to extend my internship and learn more to start a Medical Coding career.

With my degree and my experience combined, along with my ability to learn quickly, I believe that I can be an excellent candidate for this position; bringing honesty, respect, and punctuality to your company. I will be available for an interview at your convenience. I can be reached at garry02021@comcast.net or (781) – 436 - 5591.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Garry Fenton

GARRY FENTON
66 Wheeler Circle Apt. # 94
Stoughton, MA 02072
(781) 436 - 5591
garry02021@comcast.net

Objective: Seeking a Medical Coding position

Highlights: • Mastery of primary Coding systems
• Familiarity with concerns of professional coders in the areas of medical law, confidentiality and ethics applied to patient records
• Capable of accurately coding common diseases, medical diagnoses procedures and surgical interventions and familiar with ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS
• Certified Medical Coder and currently holding a CPC-A license
• Medisoft Patient Accounting
• Familiar with MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Internet, E-mail
• Fluent in both English and French

Education: Bunker Hill Community College Boston, MA
A.S. Degree in Medical Information Management 06/07

Bunker Hill Community College
Certificate in Medical Coding Program
GPA 3.7/4.0

Experience: The Dimock Center Boston, MA
Volunteering in the Medical Record 02/08 to now
• Performing data entry file and record patient's medical chart in numerical order
• Currently reorganizing medical record filing system in alphabetical order

Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, MA
Medical Coder Intern 11/06 to 12/06
• Performed 40-hour medical coding Internship

Bunker Hill Community College Chelsea, MA
Medical Terminology Tutor 10/05 to 12/05
• Utilized teaching skills to assist students in various academic programs including nursing, medical coding and medical technology
• Assisted students, individually and in groups with lesson assignments and reinforced learning concepts
• Helped students in understanding and describing word parts, including prefixes, root words, and suffixes in medical terminology and building other medical terms